a quiltlady

a quiltlady

Sunday 13 March 2011

Knitting and Sewing .........

Every Second Counts!
My GS`s 8 birthday soon coming up,must hurry knitting quick,quick,
always knitting with love:)))


Some time ago I joined the nine patch challenge group.
This is my first 9 patch finish: a table runner for my kitchen.
The two potholders to follow.


Lots of bloggers are doing the Layer Cake Quilt Along through
Moosequilts. I was lucky to win in the draw for block 8.
Here you see the lovely gifts I received from Jovita Patchwork
Atelier. Thanks a lot,Jovita!
Showing you my block 9,and as the pattern for block 10 is out,
I will be sewing that block real soon.


For the very first time I am doing blocks with back stitch only.
Proud I am,and it is more easy than I thought. Being used to stem-
stitching it takes some effort,but will continue these 12 small
blocks for sure.Hope to try a hoop as well one day.

Finally:
I bought the fabrics and thread as well as pattern book
for the TIS THE SEASON a couple of months ago. Lovely idea
from Chookeyblue.blogspot. This time I have not joined the
Stitch-A-Long group,although very tempted. But too much
happening throughout this year,so my plan for the time
being is that the quilt will be finished and up on the
wall for sure X-mas 2012!!! This is now one of my slow
project,I have a few: called XVSP:)) ...LOL...

Up to sew a Mug Rug for a cat-lover,have picked out the fabrics,
so this will be quick!!!
I hope you will have a nice weekend,and Happy Sewing to you ...

7 comments:

Yvette said...

I love your little birdie stitcheries. The fabric you chose is just perfect. Congrats on your win too!!

peawink said...

Grethe, I'm so happy your package arrived and I'm looking forward to seeing your pin cushion. Thanks for playing along in the Layer Cake Quilt Along - your block is wonderful!

Terry said...

Your table runner looks great! And I love your birdie blocks! I still have to stitch mine for March! I'm a little slow this month! LOL

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Så fine stitcherier! Og løperen er flott også! Så flittig du er :)

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely fabrics for Tis the Season

Heather said...

So many interesting projects. The embroidered birds quilt looks like a lot of fun to me and the Christmas fabrics look absolutely delicious!

Berit said...

Er det ennå flere prosjekter?
Du er ikke sann. Syntes at jeg gjør endel, men du slår alle rekorder.