a quiltlady

a quiltlady

Wednesday 19 November 2014

one down .. one up .. one envelope

Yes, this quilt is coming down!
The trellis quilt to be stored away for the time being.
No year written on the backing, shame on me, but main
fabric is called "in the beginning"

This one must go up.
A good hand helping me to reach to the two nails up there!
So pleased to hang a new up on the wall. It is Kaffe Fassett fabrics and
 the quilt is called Chelsea, Pauline Smith made the pattern.
 It is in Kaffe`s book from 2007 "quilts in the sun".
The kit was bought from the Cotton Patch, almost the same year.

Check the perfect shaddow quilting on this one:
 Merete,using one of her long arm machines, is
the expert of the quilting :-)

SSCS Christmas present will fit into the envelope,
present for my new SSCS friend. I am sure the envelope already
 is up in the air over some mountains, over some some countries
and over the sea to find my friend  :-)
The SSCS is arranged this year too by Chookyblue, great swap :))
Happy Christmas Sewing to you all!  Hugs, Grethe xx

11 comments:

Terry said...

I love the new quilt you put up! It's going to be great for brightening up the winter days! :0)

Laila said...

Så fin quilt :-))
Godt å ha fått julegavene til SSCS ut av huset :-)

sunny said...

Such bright colors for these dreary cold November days. Hope you're staying warm and cozy.

annemariesquilt said...

Nyderlig Kaffe Fassett quilt !! Herlige høstfarger..
Ja vi alle har vel svin på skogen når gjelder merking av quilter…….

Anonymous said...

Hi Grethe you do such beautiful work,i love visiting you to see what you are up to.xx

Radka said...

I love the new quilt, it is so beautiful!
xx

Houseelf said...

The trellis is a beautiful Spring Summer quilt. The Kaffe is like a Autumn Winter jewel. As much as I like Kaffe fabrics, I have trouble putting them altogether without them looking too busy. The kit idea is a good one. Great job Grethe.

Josie said...

Your Kaffe Fasset quilt is gorgeous. The colours are perfect for cheering up your room in winter. Love it so much I wish it was mine.... how naughty is that! :o)
Stay warm.... xxx

Jenny said...

I just love the new quilt .You would be proud to hang that beautiful work on your wall. Can't wait to see all the SSCS photos.

Show and Tell said...

Hi Grethe....So excited at the moment because I just found my SSCS in the mail box....yay! The heart ornament is adorable and I will pop the other one under the tree... I can't promise that I won't give it a squeeze from time to time though.... Merry Christmas Grethe and thankyou for being my Secret Santa...Love and Hugs from Australia xxxxx

simplestitches said...

love your new quilt! and your lucky SSCS partner will have a wonderful surprise on Christmas day I'm sure...