a quiltlady

a quiltlady

Monday 8 October 2012

HELLO my blogg-friends ... on time a post from me ....

I`m not free as a bird ! Check the picture; this is what it feels like ..... LOL .... Definitely no stitching at all; trying out by the sewing machine. And thank you for all your concern!  I`ll be fine in some weeks time,  I`m sure :))  My trigger right-hand thumb still needs some rest after the small surgery.
 
Some progress on my first block of "Raining Cats and Dogs". Along while ago I ordered the BOM  http://fatquartershop.com . All the packs have been in the box here for a long time. The same with  Yvette from http://fitquilter.blogspot.com . She suggested we should have a go  in October and work our way slowly from 1 to 9; blocks that is! So said,so done. I`m on my way,ever so slowly.
 
Wee bit wonky at the moment, but I hope by end of the month that I might have bonded the background fabric and the pieces.
 
This is a  Bunny Hill design. The fabrics are -putting on the ritz- and -etchings-
And by next year this quilt will be on my wall .
 
 
 
Just had to show my DD and SIL on their way to a wedding on a chilly, but beautiful,sunny October afternoon. Siri has been my helping hand.I think she will be the best of quilters when she gets older!Happy sewing till next time, 
 
 

12 comments:

Yvette said...

Hello!
I am so glad you are on the mend. Look at you go on your Cats & Dogs. I am going away this weekend but I will be sure to get started the following weekend. Yours is coming along so cute!!! I am so glad we are doing this together, it will get it done. Maybe when we are done we can go at another one.

Houseelf said...

Good luck with Raining Cats and Dogs. I like Bunny Hill designs. My fav this year has been Pumpkinville but I didn't buy it- I wouldn't have had time to make it this year.

The fabrics are beautiful for it. I hope you have a lot of fun making it as soon as your hand has recovered.

Lovely pic of your daughter and husband. It is lovely that she has helped you.

Josie said...

It's lovely to see you playing with fabric again. Your new quilt pattern is gorgeous... so are the fabrics. Have you reduced the size of this one? :o) Beautiful photos of your DD and SIL... very elegent couple indeed.

Raewyn said...

It is good to hear you are healing and are able to do a little sewing. I love the pattern you are doing - it is on my wishlist too I think! Your son and his wife are a very handsome couple - lovely photos.

Terry said...

I'm glad you're doing a bit better! Your house block is going to be so cute! :0)

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Kjekt å høre fra deg igjen :) Håper du snart får lov å sy igjen. Nyt disse flotte høstdagene- utrolige farger rundt omkring!

annemariesquilt said...

Nyderlig prosjekt du holder på med ;-))

sunny said...

I'm glad you're feeling better - just don't rush it. Follow the doctor's orders, and you'll be healed in no time. Your quilt is going to be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

lovely quilt pattern Grethe and i am so pleased your hand is getting better,what a lovely couple.xx

Helen said...

I hope you can get back to your stitching soon Grethe, love the quilt pattern and fabric.

Helen

Annik-Snor said...

Så fint at du er på blogg igjen. Nydelige stoffer og tepper du skla lage, gleder meg til å se.
Fortsatt god bedring, håper du kan begynne å sy snart.

Simone de Klerk said...

What a beautiful daughter you have!
I have the same BOM, but have just looked at it ... Glad you got to your first block.