a quiltlady

a quiltlady

Friday 27 April 2012

an APRIL finish ---- 10 bears smiling at you :))

Here they come all the smily Bears,a quilt bound to look perfect on my Grandchild Eline`s wall! My birthday present for her to be given on time when May month comes. A BOM from KidsQuilts in New Zealand. Everything worked perfect of the 10 months,and I`m greatful for that,so big thanks to Christine at KidsQuilts :))
Under here you see the whole quilt. Fabrics are the Garden Song range from Moda, most suitable for the the bears! Mind you, the fabrics were used for Jytte`s Garden Journal at Chookyblue`s SAL some years back. I just love the fabrics. Do have lots of it left for other project ... LOL ... Forgot to tell you that I have redused the seize down to half,so to speak 50%,easily done on the copying machine.
And what a perfect quilting -- not done by me! This time as well Merete the longarmquilter has done a super job. I would have struggled for a long time if I should have done the quilting myself. Ever so glad she is available:-)
Under here you see the block that Eline and I worked on together. She still loves the little secret she and I have,not telling her Mum that she has knowledge and that she as done a big deal! on her own present.As my DD is a non-quilter may be I may teach the next generation to love the art of quilting; will definitely try :-)
Either me or blogger ?? This post has taken my like 5 hours to finish. Almost unable to load the pictures without trying like 2 or 3 times. Hope now then that I get things through. And where`s my spell-check gone!!!! UgH! ...... The pleasant good-old-song we all sang yesterday(which I am sure you all know about)is still in my head. Glad we`ve placed roses in respect of the people suffering in this horrible bombing and shooting case. Sad,Sad, this is........ A relaxing weekend for me to come. Wishing you a Happy Sewing time ahead. I`ve got more up my sleeve;so to speak,will soon be back. Please enjoy yourself the best you can and take care,From Grethe.

19 comments:

Raewyn said...

Absolutely beautiful, Grethe. I'm sure your grand daughter will love it, you've done a lovely job on it.

Oddbjørg said...

Teppet ble nyyydelig!
ha en fin fredag!

Terry said...

It looks wonderful Grethe! Congratulations on getting it finished! :0)

Fiona said...

That is such a lovely quilt and each block is just lovely.... the shooting/bombing case has been in our news laterly... very hard for everyone...
Hugz

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Så flott teppet ble - gratulerer! Er det ikke deilig når noe er ferdig og en kan begynne (!) å speide etter noe nytt :-)
Ha en fin helg.

Houseelf said...

Lovely Grethe. I think it is a good idea to reduce the size on some quilts. My back struggles with the larger ones like the Village Green I did a while ago. My machine isn't keen on quilting big stuff either. :-)

Great choice of fabrics for a little one's quilt.

Hanne said...

What a beautiful quilt Grethe - and what lovely memories you have given your cute grand-daughter by given her the chance to participate in making blocks for this quilt :-)

RandiT said...

ÅÅÅ så søtt bilde!!!Nydelig:)

Grete said...

Så mange koselige bamser! Det ble et kjempeflott teppe! Koselig at barnebarnet viser interesse for å være med på prossessen også!

retdairyqueen said...

Such a lovely quilt and so special that you and Eline have worked on it together

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Ohhh--I just love that quilt--
I love bears and that is just a perfect way --they are just sooo hug able looking!!
Hugs, Di and miss gracie

sunny said...

How wonderful! So happy that Eline was able to help with it. Yay for another generation of quilters.

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

A beautiful quilt for your grandaughter. I know she will treasure it always as she knows the work you and herself put into it.
Yes we did see and hear about the singing. A good show of togetherness and strength.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Gorgeous bears...so special for GD to have her secret block that she worked on with you in her quilt...

Annik-Snor said...

Så fint det ble, Grethe. Barnebarnet ditt er heldig, både fordi hun får det og fordi hun får være med å lage det.

Jytte R said...

Hej Grethe. Jeg er i Spanien og kom lige forbi din blog.
Hvor er dit bamsetæppe flot og du har valgt det skønneste Garden Song stof.
Godt husket af dig med hensyn til min 'Gardener's Journal' quilt.
Jytte

annemariesquilt said...

ååå så skjønne , hellandussan ;-))
Jeg elsker bamser , smelt !!

Gisele Bourdon said...

J'aime beaucoup très jolie !

Josie said...

Your quilt it gorgeous Grethe. The bears are so cute and the colours are beautiful. Your grand daughter will be over the moon with it I'm sure. Well done!