a quiltlady

a quiltlady

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Cushion week:2 finished,2 to go!

Glad still some days left of the week. But two dead-lines tonight,
so I have been busy. Here you see the two finished cushions:
One flower nine-patch cushion is made from Liberty fabrics.
The pinwheel one is made from a Charm Pack " PomPom de Paris" from Moda
See my split nine-patch on the table,
happy to tell you made some time ago from scraps.

Both cushions have an opening with
a zip like this one:
The split nine-patch is great to make,this little table-cloth makes me
happy to look at,love some of the fabrics that I have used:






I`ll be cutting the
fabrics for the bird-
cushion tomorrow,
(after I have come
home safe from
the dentist,
that is!)






Must have some time during the weekend to sew the next very
easy one with the Kaffe Fassett fabrics. Nice fabric to lay
your head on when taking a nap :-).....

Glad I now have 2 OPAMs for August!
and THANK YOU Anne Marie for arranging this 9-patch challenge.
It has been fun and interesting to visit the others in our group.

Wishing you all a lovely,quilting week :-)

11 comments:

sunny said...

Well you've certainly been busy! Great job on the cushions. Zippers even - I'm impressed.

Yvette said...

You really have been busy. You did a great job. Zippers scare me!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Flotte puter, lekre stoffer. Imponert over glidelåsene :-)
Lykke til hos tannlegen.
Klem.

Houseelf said...

Lovely cushions Grethe. I also like Kaffe Fassett colours, but prefer his smaller designs like Freckle and Paperweight.

Angie said...

Oh they are all beautiful, Grethe!

Zuly said...

That's pretty pillows, which are well done
A big hug from Costa Rica,
Zuly Castillo U.

Margaret said...

Scrap into something of beauty -- now that is what I call creative and love the cushions.

Berit said...

Mange lekre puter, kanskje vi skal ta et kurrs i skjulte glidelåser.
De var bare perfekte.
Neste tirsdag?

Berit said...

Dette er en prøve, for å se om riktig bilde kommer. Men du har jo bilde over?

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hello Grethe...I love your cushions...I have just bought a Charm Pack of Pom Pom de Paris...I recognize the pink fabric with the birdies on it...I just bought that one too!!!

Zuly said...

Thank you very much for your birthday greeting.
Happy Birthday to your daughter.
I really like your blog. Be a little English and I translate what I do not understand :-)
A big hug from Costa Rica,
Zuly Castillo U.