a quiltlady

a quiltlady

Monday 30 March 2015

Some quiet days ahead ......

March has been a great month, lots of exciting events all month
long, not a finish to show you, but boy what a month ... lol ...

"1" Wedding day, "2" Birthday. "3" NQF meeting/our Norwegian
Quilt Guild`s yearly meeting, "4" trip to San Francisco
 "5" our grandson`s 12th birthday, "6" exciting news
( to be revealed much later)

"3": a favorit  from the NQF meeting is the umbrella made of selvages 
and fabrics by Inger Lise Høysveen (non blogger, but on FB)
 BUT please check on May Britt`s blog, she is the always the
quickest to show all the quilts shown at our weekend meeting.

"4" Off I went to San Francisco. As my DH was sent on
a buisness trip, I joined and loved the thought of visiting
lots of quilt shops;  managed only one fabric shop :-)
;
Love the wine bottles, will look perfect on a table mat or two!
Otherwise my shopping was almost like zero! 
I brought some stitching with me, but quess I can only count
 to 20 stitches of  Gail Pan`s cinnamon delights bag pattern.

Spent some lovely days in SFO, my 6th USA city to visit.
Full day sightseeing bus tour, cable car, Alcaatraz(in the distance only),
Fisherman`s Warf, etc. etc, .... thought about showing you the
551 pictures I took, but have come to better thoughts :-) Here a few though:






"5" Happy boy of 12 years on March 29th. our darling grandson.
We all gave him a bicycle to be used for several years to come.
A good try in their living room with all the
birthday cards still hanging on the bicycle.

This long post definitely has come to an end,
"6" to be told much later one day :-)

Looking forward to the Easter holidays soon coming up.
No mountain trip nor skiing this year either. Must have time for
some sewing as well as visiting family down south in Norway.
Hope you will enjoy some pleasent days at your place.
 Happy sewing dear blog friends :-)  Hugs, Grethe  xx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Grethe lovely post,you sure have been busy xx

Frederika said...

What a great month

sunny said...

Whew - what a busy month! I've never been to San Francisco, so I'm jealous. I hope it was a lovely trip. And now I'm anxious to hear what else you have to share with us.

Dolores said...

What a busy busy month you've had.

Anthea said...

it's been a busy month for you Grethe! I love all the cards on the bicycle

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my--I think I missed wishing you a happy birthday--sorry--but the wish is still good as it is still in the month of March--at least here is it--March 31!!!
Looks like you did have alot of fun for the month--way to go!!!
Smiles, diandmissgracie

Radka said...

You have been busy! :-)
xx

Jindi's Cottage said...

Wow, that is a busy month...Happy Birthday to GS, he looks very happy on his new bicycle...Happy Easter...

Krish Banzet said...

So in April, my husband and I had our wedding reception here and we both have no regrets with choosing this venue. I am still receiving compliments from all our guests. The food at San Diego Wedding venues was delicious from appetizer to dessert.

Longwell Kort said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
شركة لمسات الابداع said...

رش مبيدات
مكافحة القوارض بجدة