a quiltlady

a quiltlady

Friday 28 February 2014

2 finishes and a new BOM .....


Nice log cabin small quilt is up on the wall ... at last. Decided to finish it
 with a binding only, iso a wooden frame what the pattern suggested.
It is called "Log Cabin" (!) by Mountain Patchwork. , 8" square
 Gone about 5 years since I bought the kit at Lille Stasjon shop.

Could not resist putting my name down for a Christmas-quilt-to-be. It all
 started in  December last year, but I just joined this BOM a week ago.
  I have been sent all fabrics as well as patterns for the first 3 months :-)
soon March 7th when the shop send the next pattern.
Yes, I have started with the little pig there. Better close-up when block 1
is finished : ))The pattern is from AnnAKa Design. It is called
 "The Quiltlady`s Christmas Calender". I joined this BOM through
  the Lappedilla shop. Great, bound to be finished by December!

Below you see"December Night" table topper,
 pattern also by AnnAka Design, a kit from PolarQuilt shop.
Ready for use at any time, I think :))
 Below is a detail, the table topper is all done with machine.

I used Clover`s bias maker, 60 degree angel ruler and glued the bias on with
 Sue D`s best glue! AnnAKa has a very good detailed explinaions in her patterns.

On to MARCH month in some hours. Great month :-) with lots of exciting events
 to take place,small and bigger ! More later then! All the best, hope you enjoy
 the season you are in;  rain and sun are our daily experience where I live! 

Hugs,Grethe.

10 comments:

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Hej Grethe,
Det lille Log Cabin ophæng er fint og godt du er færdig med det. Det er for fint til bare at lille.
Wauh, sjov BOM du er startet på og flot færdig tæppe/løber.
God weekend.
Quiltehilsner
Anne-Mette

Michelle said...

I love your new BOM, that pig is so cute! Happy stitching, Michelle

Liv Aagot's Quilt Blog said...

Så koselig lite log cabin bilde! AnnaKa har flotte mønster, jeg liker godt både bildet og duken! Kos deg med bom'en!

Yvonne W said...

What a cute little pig. Great idea to start a Christmas quilt now. Enjoy the process.

Oddbjørg said...

Koselig bilde og en flott duk!
Greit å starte nå for å bli ferdig til jul. Lykke til med BOM.
God helg!

RandiT said...

Så fint log cabin-teppe! Og lykke til med bom'n din:) Alltid gode mønstre fra AnnAKa.

Dollandesign said...

Jag håller med Dig att;
AnnAKa har mycket tydliga och bra mönster som är lätta att arbeta med.

Dollandesign

Houseelf said...

What pretty projects! I use some self adhesive bias for very narrow stems as I am short of patience. :-)

The Christmas BOM looks like a lot of fun. Well done for making a project you've had waiting for 5 years.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Your block of the month is lovely...but that pig is just the cutest.

Raewyn said...

Beautiful projects in this post Grethe. The log cabin quilt is very cute - the embroidery on it is a lovely touch. And I do like your new bom too - a pity the shop isn't closer to me!! Can you tell me more about the designer AnnAKa? Her patterns are gorgeous but I am guessing they written in Norwegian?