a quiltlady

a quiltlady

Saturday 27 October 2012

This is the season for planing ahead ...

 

We are prepared.
Still Autumn here where I live, but might be snowing next week, they said on the forcast :))
 
Each year same procedure : We  always change our tyres before the snow is due. I`m lucky my DH loves working with my car changing the wheels.  Did you know we have a wheel- hotel in different places here in Norway. Companies take off  the wheels, store them and change back to the other ones next season.  Great service, I say! But "we" love fixing this ourselves, my DH, that is. :)) 
 
 
Not a great deal of quilting has been done lately. Making plans only.
So at the moment I`m deciding what to do next :
I could continue sewing more 12 1/2" blocks for this sampler quilt ... OR
 
I could finish this one with 9" blocks . If I turn one of the blocks (down on the left hand corner) and make some more of these blocks to be put into a pattern, it might look good ... OR
 
I could do some more 6 1/2" blocks for this smaller version of a sampler quilt ... OR
 
as Christmas is only 2 months away, may be my first choice should be this Santa Ladder.
The pattern is by our famous Norwegian Designer AnnAKa. It has been resting in the Christmas-to-do-box ever so long. I started off with the intention of doing it all by hand. BUT now  glad to use the sewing machine. Will show you some close-up details an other day. Looking forward to finishing this one actually.
Hope for a small finish by the end of this month. I have just the backing,quilting and binding left for a small wall quilt. And having lost my voice due to a heavy cold, so quick walks to get some fresh air has be postponed. 
Still careful, probably too much ?? doctor`s order, so still giving my thumb a good rest from any stitchery.
Nice writing to you, keep up the good spirit :-) Inspiring to be in the blog world.
Till another time:  Hugs to all my blog friends !


7 comments:

sunny said...

Very nice of DH to take care of the cars. I vote you work on the Christmas ladder, but don't overdo it! Glad you're able to start doing some sewing.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hei,
Hadde besøk av eldstesønnen og han skiftet dekk for meg, så nå kan det bare snø!
Tipper du jobber med nissene ... Men husk å være forsiktig.
Fortsatt god helg.

Anonymous said...

lovely post Grethe.xx

bodilshobby.blogg.no said...

Spennende å ha så mange ulike prosjekter å velge blant... Luksusproblem dette! Ha ei fin syuke :-)

Annik-Snor said...

Så mange fine prosjekter du holder på med, sikkert smart å gjøre nissene ferdige først. SVær forsiktig med tommelen, sees onsdag.

Houseelf said...

What a lovely lot of projects to work on especially the santa ladder. Here it is Christmassy too. The wind has blown most of the leaves and I saw a robin today. Good luck!

Raewyn said...

You sound like me with plenty of projects to choose from! Your Norwegian Designer AnnAKa looks very talented - that is a lovely design of her's. Imagine having wheel hotels!! Something I've never thought of!