a quiltlady

a quiltlady

Saturday 31 December 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my blog-friends .......

Still hours left of 2011. Woke up to the most super weather this morning, cold (-9 degrees),sunny with pale blue winter sky. Yes,a landscape photo would have been in place,but another time.







Off for some shopping now,
food only ...LOL...
to make a nice meal later on for
DH and myself. Well,not all what
this photo shows,but "goodies"
to enjoy a New Years Meal for the
two of us on the last day of
2011:-)
I have not
forgotten my OPAMs this very
month either;so here they are:

This is Lynette Anderson`s Christmas Snowball Fun.I finished it and delivered it,to a friend of a friend on December 4. Not quite the snowballs Lynette have in her quilt,but this is how Jeanette wanted it. AND please check Di on her post Dec.20.She also has a heart version of the same pattern;two of a kind we are just by coincidence!

Here`s the table runner I made for my SSCS friend Illene in Australia;not posted before as it was not to be revealed till after Christmas Day:-)

Two of a kind here as well .... the table clothes ... I mean. One was made??where is the label on the backing?? about 8 years ago for my DD. The other one cut same time for my DS,who did not want any quilting in his apartment at all! He has now bought a new apartment with his lovely girlfriend. She likes a bit of quilting,so of course I finished it this Christmas (their very first one living together). Great,great. So here you see my DD - Siri,36 - and DIL(probably)Mona,26.

I will be thinking of you all,close and far. Please have a joyful as well as a peaceful evening. Wishing you A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 with lots of quilting makings in the coming year.





Take Care till next time;let my
little stitchery angel watch
over you:o)

17 comments:

Terry said...

What lovely quilts you have made Grethe! Happy New Year to you! :0)

Simone de Klerk said...

Love your Scandinavian version! Very pretty.
And how great, that your son will now also have a quilt made by you in his home.
Gelukkig Nieuwjaar, Grethe and look forward to see your creations next year!

Monica said...

Happy New Year to you too Grethe!

Marit said...

Godt Nytt År til deg også, Grethe;) Vi sees kanskje 10/1 for "stoffpåfyll". Jeg kjører med Tove og Elin. Ha en fin kveld til deg og dine;)

Berit said...

Godt nyttår Grethe!

annemariesquilt said...

Nissene i Headeren din er kjempesøte.. Jeg skulle gjerne hatt mønsteret på det ;-)
Godt Nyttår til deg Grethe.....

bodilshobby.blogg.no said...

Godt nyttår! Gleder meg til å følge bloggen din i 2012 også!

May Britt said...

Ønsker deg et godt nytt sy år. Håper det blir fyllt med masse vitamin Q

sunny said...

Beautiful! I'm seeing all kinds of great ideas for Christmas gifts now that it's too late, so I guess I'll get started for next year. Happy New Year to You!!

Nicky said...

Happy New Year Grethe! You have some lovely quilt finishes there to finish off the year. All the best to you for 2012!

Fiona said...

Happy New Year Grethe... here down under we have woken up to a beautiful morning... I love your quilts you have done.. such gorgeious colours and its great now that you finished the other quilt and it is wanted in the home... how special
Hugz

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Godt nytt år! Flotte quilter!

Ulla said...

Happy New Year, Grethe!

Hanne said...

Godt nytt år Grethe !

Dandelion Quilts said...

I am happy you kept that quilt to make later! How nice!

Heather said...

I wish you a happy, healthy New Year with lots of time for more of your beautiful quilting Grethe!

Chookyblue...... said...

lots of lovely finishes........I am sure Illene loves the runner...........thanks for being part of the SSCS.........