a quiltlady

a quiltlady

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Notice any difference on my Leanne`s House?



I`ll tell you right away,because it is not the colour as you may think,that is just the light:

My LH was finished and up on the wall in August 2006, then taken down 3 1/2 years later! Among things I became very unhappy with green sashing around each of the blocks,my own choice at that time. It really bothered me,so I decided to redo the whole quilt. It is me there showing it very proudly(at that time)to my quilt group.

Using the seam riper very carefully,I undid the 9 blocks (I had originally quilted it in the ditch by my sewing machine and hand quilted in the stitchery parts). A bit of a job undoing it,I can tellyou,and it surely took a long time.

I decided to let the longarm quilter quilt it for me this time. Last Sunday it was up on the wall again,a lovely copy of Leanne`s quilt. So what did I learn? Yes, never to change a beautiful pattern.

End of story! I`m a very happy Quilt Lady :-)

9 comments:

Yvette said...

WOW! You are VERY brave.

I have loved this pattern since I saw it. I hope to be able to purchase it one day, they are very hard to get here and very expensive.

I really love your yours! EXCELLENT JOB!!!

Liven said...

Du er virkelig modig:-), men samtidig forstår jeg deg, intet er så fortærende som noe en ikke er fornøyd med.
Lykke til med med "nye prosjekter" - jeg er i gang med mitt:-}
Snax.

Gudveig HN said...

Det ble lekkert!
Men for en tålmodighet du må ha, som gidder å gjøre en slik sprettejobb!

Lillian said...

Litt av en jobb, men resultatet ble jo kjempebra. Er av de som "spretter opp" selv når jeg ikke er fornøyd så jeg skjønner deg godt!

Mary Ann said...

Wow, that must have been a lot of work to change your Leanne's House quilt! I think that it looked very nice before, but I agree with your decision to redo it. It looks really great! I'm in the process of sewing mine...I have all the blocks sewn and have 6 1/2 left to embroider! It's one of those projects that I take out once in a while and work on!
Your blog is very nice! Thanks for sharing!

May Britt said...

Oisan, det må ha vært litt av en jobb å sprette det opp. Men skjønner på en måte hvorfor du gjorde det. Jeg har enda igjen å quilte ytterborden på min Leanne House. Bør nok snart få gjort den slik at jeg kan få den på veggen.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG.......that is dedication......your quilt looks lovely now I think I like the new look the best.......

Simone de Klerk said...

I can't believe you actually did that! Incredible, but it looks very pretty and it is worth all the work you did on those blocks! I am still working on mine.

Grethe said...

test